Nazareth’s mission is to provide high-quality education and specialized services to youth and their families without discrimination within a community-oriented environment in the tradition of its founders, the Sisters of Mercy.
Representatives of our founders, the Sisters of Mercy, remain actively involved at Nazareth via their longstanding board membership. They continue to help motivate our work and guide us in the spirit of Catherine’s words of wisdom.
and most practical lesson I know….
is to resolve to be good today,
but better tomorrow.
Let us take one day only in hand,
at a time,
merely making a resolve for tomorrow.
Thus, we may hope to get on,
taking short, careful steps,
not great strides.”
- Nazareth commits itself to this mission, recognizing the contributions of those it serves.
- Nazareth believes that every individual and family has value and strengths to be supported and enhanced.
- Our efforts are to serve individuals in the least restrictive educational and/or living environment.
- Nazareth is committed to being part of the community and supporting the community’s ability to ensure that individuals and families can live in a safe, healthy, wholesome, and local environment.
- We engage as partners in a comprehensive service network with any individual or entity committed to achieving the goals of those we serve.
- Our efforts are to support the most satisfactory social adjustment of which youth are capable, offering help to them and their families by aiding their physical, emotional, and spiritual restoration through a comprehensive service network.